Here is a basement with excessive dampness and mold that was noted during a recent home inspection. In the areas where the walls and ceilings are finished. The problem was caused by the sump pumps- that were no long working. The landlord wasn’t interested in rectifying the situation. There was one inch of standing water in almost half the basement. Extensive areas of mold were noted on these wall surfaces. Exposure to mold is not healthy for anyone. Our home inspection company did not test for what type of molds were present unless written in the contract. We always recommend a visit by a health professional.